Please comment on draft-duerst-mailto-bis-04.txt

2008-01-06 00:40:51

Hello Email Experts,

As you can see in the announcement below, I have just submitted
an updated version of the Internet Draft updating the mailto
URI scheme, after a long delay.

I would greatly appreciate your comments on this draft; I expect
to submit it to the IESG soon.

In particular, the current spec for mailto:, RFC 2368, contains
some advice against using a bcc field in a mailto: URI, but this
doesn't seem to be followed, and we were unable to find any reason,
so we removed it. Comments on this (both positive and negative,
if possible with reasons) would be appreciated.

With kind regards,   Martin.

P.S.: I'm not subscribed to ietf-822(_at_)imc(_dot_)org, so please keep me
      (and my coauthors) in the cc.

From: Internet-Drafts(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 01:20:01 -0500
Subject: I-D Action:draft-duerst-mailto-bis-04.txt

      Title           : The 'mailto' URI Scheme
      Author(s)       : M. Duerst, et al.
      Filename        : draft-duerst-mailto-bis-04.txt
      Pages           : 18
      Date            : 2008-01-04

This document defines the format of Uniform Resource Identifiers
(URI) to identify resources that are reached using Internet mail.  It
updates the syntax of 'mailto' URIs from [RFC2368] for better
internationalization and compatibility with IRIs ([RFC3987]).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-duerst-mailto-bis-04.txt

#-#-#  http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp
mailto:duerst(_at_)it(_dot_)aoyama(_dot_)ac(_dot_)jp