Re: Length Limit for display-name

2010-09-24 00:31:50

Stephan Wehner wrote:
Again, you're dreaming if you think this is true.

Alright, let's look at an alternative to what I'm trying to do.

How is it with using Optional Fields (section 3.6.8). Are they safe with respect
to "intermediaries perform[ing] all sorts of processing of header fields"?

Stephan

I think we all work on the premise that "passthru" mail is "safe." That has been the rule of thumb.

But you never know what mail flows, paths and channels exist and do all sorts of things.

In our system, there is a heterogeneous network transformation to a common structure and from there are XYZ transformations back into XYZ network or channels or no transformations at all. You never know what has been filtered or persistent with optional fields.

--
Hector, Engineering & Technical Support
Santronics Software, Inc.