Re: New Version Notification for draft-kucherawy-rfc3462bis-00

2010-11-09 10:46:48
FWIW, I'm strongly opposed to such a change, as it breaks backward
compatibility.

Keith

On Nov 8, 2010, at 12:40 AM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

Another effort that was mentioned here previously.  This one is just a
re-posting of RFC3462 (multipart/report) removing the
must-be-outermost-MIME-type restriction.

Comments welcome.

-MSK

From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <idsubmission(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Date: November 8, 2010 12:19:58 AM EST
To: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <msk(_at_)cloudmark(_dot_)com>
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-kucherawy-rfc3462bis-00

A new version of I-D, draft-kucherawy-rfc3462bis-00.txt has been successfully
submitted by Murray Kucherawy and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:      draft-kucherawy-rfc3462bis
Revision:      00
Title:                 The Multipart/Report Media Type for the Reporting of
Mail System Administrative Messages
Creation_date:         2010-11-07
WG ID:                 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 14

Abstract:
The multipart/report Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME)
media type is a general "family" or "container" type for electronic
mail reports of any kind.  Although this memo defines only the use of
the multipart/report media type with respect to delivery status
reports, mail processing programs will benefit if a single media type
is used to for all kinds of reports.

The IETF Secretariat.