Re: [ietf-822] one can re-sign without a permission to re-sign header

2014-05-02 11:44:20
On 5/2/2014 10:42 AM, John R Levine wrote:

I wouldn't bother with what you've proposed.

Neither would I.  Whitelisting solves this problem far better.

Assuming you mean a signer domain and/or list domain whitelist, no it doesn't John. It doesn't do diddly squat about dealing with protocol faults which is what this is all about and always have been for 9 years John. That can only come from the message anchoring domain -- the originating source/author domain.

What if the Signature is missing or invalid? What if the mf=y tag doesn't exist and it was intentionally left out which will be the default considerations such this would be an "DKIM Add-on" concept? Are you going to continue to forward?

--
HLS