no benefit conclusion likely wrong (Re: [Asrg] Re: RMX Records)

2003-03-03 17:34:46
Robert Ferrell writes:
It seems to me that if we could get the 0.01% (or whatever the
figure is) of people who respond to spam to stop it, the problem
would go away on its own.  There has to be a cost benefit to
spamming in order for it to continue.

I think this conclusion is suspect and probably wrong.

It is likely the case that many spammer clients do not make money from
their spam.  Therefore all that is necessary for spam to continue
being a problem is a continuing supply of greedy and ignorant clients
that spammers can con into paying them to spam.

Getting people to not respond would only be a good thing of course.

Adam