Re: [Asrg] The Consent 4-Tuple

2003-03-07 02:28:09
On Thu, 06 Mar 2003 14:07:23 -0500  "Alan DeKok" wrote:
 +------------------
 |    The Consent 4-tuple
 |    -------------------

I applaud your effort to make an algebra for spam. But I think that your
notation misses the target.

Likewise.

The sender always "consents" to send the mail (modulo accidents). So we
would never see mail that it is unlikely that the Sender MUA would work
in a way against the senders wishes. And it would be totalitarian indeed
if it did.

I'm not sure that that's always the case.  For instance,
If my webmail system enforces some policy on the content of outgoing mail
(I don't want my users to send 419 scam stuff),
then this assertion is invalidated.

An algebra to describe spam will involve the recipients view of
email.  Mostly it will require notations for functions on the feature
space of the email message and the recipients wishes.

As has been said earlier on this list, we need to identify the entities
giving
and seeking consent (and the precise nature of that consent?), Alans
algebra works
towards that. We also need to characterise the "communication". This may
include
consideration of endpoints (or other traffic characteristics - rate?) as
well as
content.

--
Regards,