Re: [Asrg] Taxonomy of anti-spam systems

2003-03-10 19:27:33
"Raymie Stata" <raymie(_at_)cs(_dot_)ucsc(_dot_)edu> wrote:
In short, I think we should be looking for sets of "orthogonal dimensions"
along which to measure anti-spam systems rather than a "taxonomy"
in the traditional sense of that word (a tree of mutually-exclusive,
jointly-exhaustive categories).

  I would prefer to start off with a good consent model.  Once we have
that, we can vary the model parameters to address the possible
variations of consent, and therefore of anti-spam measures.  (Who,
where, why, instead of how.)

  If we have such a model, anti-spam systems can be described by what
problems they solve.  Until then, all of the proposed solutions are
qualitative statements of the form "well, I think this should help..."

  Alan DeKok.