Re: [Asrg] List Kiddies

2003-03-20 09:15:24
Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
OK so we thought we should get a pejorative name for the twits who BUY the
CDROM of 10 million email addresses, many 8 years old or more.

This is what we did a while back with hackers, inventing a demeaning term
for them to strip them of the mistique.

After some thought we came up with 'something like suckers' but no further.
So I'll make an executive decision here and the name is LIST KIDDIES.

This name is self explanatory, a lot of the spam problem is caused by
clueless dweebs who will never make a dollar sending spam to a 10 year old
list. The 'kiddie' part is a little on the opaque side but will be readily
understood by the community and the trade press.

                Phill

Hm , for a moment I thought you were referring to people on this list
when I read 'list kiddies'.

The term does give room for widely different interpretations. Maybe we
should look for something which brings up visions of clouds of nasty
insects hovering around a lamppost, or fleas in a scruffy dog's pelt, or...

Frank