RE: [Asrg] follow up (to last post)

2003-03-21 19:23:33
Threads, threads everywhere, and we're trying to weave a tapestry.

I believe Matthew's post was threaded back to:

[Asrg] try this on for size
https://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/asrg/current/msg01634.html

which may have sprung as an offshoot from the original thread:

[Asrg] Gray list: rating of associates
https://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/asrg/current/msg01552.html

I like Matthew's extension of the idea where there is a unique address or
password or certificate or whatever for every sender/receiver combination,
and the receiver is ultimately the one who may choose to break that
connection or downplay it as a connection containing unimportant babble.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: asrg-admin(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org [mailto:asrg-admin(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org]On
Behalf Of Kee
Hinckley
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2003 4:18 PM
To: matthew richards
Cc: asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [Asrg] follow up (to last post)

At 12:58 PM -0800 3/21/03, matthew richards wrote:
these are examples, not real urls. the idea is to give email users

I'm sorry.  Was this in reference to a post I missed, or is it a new
proposal?  And if the latter, could you give an abstract instead of
just an implementation.  About all I'm certain of (I think) is that
you are requiring all correspondents to fill out a form on some web
server if they want to talk to someone else.  How you prevent
spammers from automating this, and how you allow automated email from
non-spammers I'm not sure.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.puremessaging.com/        Junk-Free Email Filtering