Re: [Asrg] rDNS revisited

2003-03-23 08:50:23
"M Wild" <asrg(_at_)wildm(_dot_)com> wrote:
Alrighty then...are there flaws with using rDNS?  Yes there are, many of
which various posters have covered.  I am not claiming that it is the end
all/be all solution it just worked on *MY* mail servers.  spam ...
on my test account went from 180 messages per day to *TWO*  I don't think
anyone can argue that those numbers show that the test is effective.

  ... for *you*.  It's anecodotal, and may not apply for others.

  This is one of the problems I have with many of the solutions.  The
proponents have tried their proposals, and seen a benefit.  It then
takes great effort to convince them that everyone else may NOT see a
benefit.

  I don't mean to shoot down any proposals, or to deny your
experience, but please understand that it may not be other peoples
experience.  We will need research, statistics, and analysis to
determine which solutions work, and what part of the problem space
they cover.

  Alan DeKok.