[Asrg] RE: My Opinion regarding ietf asrg session (it went badly!)

2003-03-24 18:40:13

I usually would not take the time to respond to obviously flawed and
erroneous statements. However, for the sake of persons on this list that do
not know the details, I will spend just a few minutes stating the truth
here.  As stated by Vernon Schryver: "I must observe that some of the
strongest condemnations in the list of whatever happened at the meeting came
from people who have made the some of the less well founded contributions to
the mailing list.  From here I can't tell what happened, but I wonder if
sour grape sentiments from some people about their favorite solutions not
being adopted by acclamation colored other people's perceptions and so
reports of the meeting." Based on this and other responses, I fear that
without some clarity, others will continue to be confused by the few
radical, negative opinions that have been voiced. There were over 200
attendees and based on the positive feedback that I have heard, I do not
believe that the couple of negative opinions is an accurate reflection of
the thoughts of the attendees.

William, I am sorry that you are so upset that you were not able to present
at the meeting; however, that should not drive you to making clearly false
accusations about the meeting.

I sent a call for agenda items to the list on March 10th. There were a few
volunteers. I spoke with each of them and by March 12th each was able to
explain to me what they wished to present. For some reason, you were not
able to provide a clear explanation of what you wished to present until 3
days before the meeting on Monday March 17th; in this same email, you stated
"I'v[e] not 100% decided if I'll be able to attend". At this point, the
agenda was being finalized. Then suddenly two days before the meeting you
request a slot on the agenda.

Please see my comments inline.