RE: [Asrg] HTML-burdened E-mail

2003-06-20 08:24:33
The users want html formatted mail.

They do not want rfc plaintext.

This problem cannot be solved by solutions that only work for geeks.

 -----Original Message-----
From:   gep2(_at_)terabites(_dot_)com
Sent:   Thu Jun 19 16:15:23 2003
To:     asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject:        [Asrg] HTML-burdened E-mail

Then the question is do we sacrifice this minority of legit HTML messages
in order to kill spam.

We don't sacrifice those AT ALL... ONLY the ability to send such
[supposedly]
"legit" HTML-burdened messages UNSOLICITED, to those who have specifically
set
their E-mail accounts to NOT receive such mail from
unsolicited/unknown/untrusted senders.

WHOSE SUPPOSED RIGHTS ARE YOU TRYING TO PROTECT HERE, ANYHOW?

I think it makes sense to put priority rights to those who are paying the
bills... and that's the recipients.  They should have the power to turn off
such
bulky and unwanted crap, ESPECIALLY given the fact that they typically are
trying to work around limited-size ISP-provided inboxes and to keep them
from
overflowing and bouncing the mail they DO want to receive.

Gordon Peterson                  http://personal.terabites.com/
1977-2002  Twenty-fifth anniversary year of Local Area Networking!
Support the Anti-SPAM Amendment!  Join at http://www.cauce.org/
12/19/98: Partisan Republicans scornfully ignore the voters they
"represent".
12/09/00: the date the Republican Party took down democracy in America.