[Asrg] Web bugs

2003-06-24 10:37:45
BTW it's even more complex now, since many legit mail-sending operations
consider "web bugs" (1x1 pixel external IMGs with an identifying tag)
to be good practice in measuring mail views. :(

It's a *major* PITA to those who read their E-mail offline, though.

Again, senders are increasingly arrogant about the demands they place on their
supposedly willing recipients.  In exchange, I see *no* reason we recipients
ought to be especially concerned about their "measuring mail views" if it
inconveniences us (as it clearly does).

Gordon Peterson                  http://personal.terabites.com/
1977-2002  Twenty-fifth anniversary year of Local Area Networking!
Support the Anti-SPAM Amendment!  Join at http://www.cauce.org/
12/19/98: Partisan Republicans scornfully ignore the voters they "represent".
12/09/00: the date the Republican Party took down democracy in America.