[Asrg] What ISPs do about infected computers?

2003-06-27 15:46:07
I recently ran across the following email which came from an ISP responding to a complaint about an infected system on their network issued by DShield (http://www.dshield.org/):

---------snip------------
FightBack Responses of the Week

Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 14:16:03 +0200

> This is an abuse notice meaning that one of your machines might
> be infected with a virus and is trying to infect other machines.
>
> See http://www.dshield.org/ for more information

We don't care, the major issue is that we don't want to receive this kind of mail, because we're a large ISP and we have no control about our multiple clients and their Windows systems.

Your mail was annoying, so we simply filtered it out. We know that many of them are infected even if we don't receive your mail.

Yakov