RE: [Asrg] US Spam patents: Partial list

2003-07-01 13:02:34
At 03:51 PM 7/1/2003 -0400, Bob Wyman wrote:

Yakov Shafranovich wrote:
Re: http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?patentnumber=6587550
>Does this seems to cover all kinds of e-stamp systems?
        It certainly seems to cover some of them. Nonetheless, I'm sure
you appreciate that it is very hard to make flat statements about what
is covered by any particular patent.

It seems to at least cover systems where the receiver wants the sender to pay before the email goes through. I vaguely remember one commercial system like that.

Also, what about patent # 5,999,967? It seems to cover generic e-stamps?

Yakov