RE: [Asrg] 2. Problem Characterization - Defining spam within consent paradigm

2003-07-02 14:04:56
Yakov Shafranovich wrote:
for the purposes of the consent framework do we even need
to define spam? Or should we just provide the mechanisms
and framework, and let each individual implementor, end-user
and ISP decide on their definitions?
        No. The consent framework need not be concerned with whatever
arbitrary definition of spam anyone might use. The only thing the
framework needs to "understand" is that some mail is sent with consent
and other mail is not. If the mechanisms are there, then a thousand
definitions of "spam" can be supported transparently.

                bob wyman