[Asrg] News Article - Telemarketers moving to spam

2003-07-02 22:28:22
Take a look at this CNN Money article (http://money.cnn.com/2003/07/02/news/companies/telemarketers/):

Companies that are major users of telemarketing calls are preparing to shift efforts to e-mail and direct mail once a new federal "do-not-call" list takes effect in October, according to a published report.

The Wall Street Journal said Wednesday that companies such as AT&T and Allstate Insurance are looking to shift some of their sales efforts away from the phone solicitations that have been central to their business plans in the past.

"We plan to shift into other communication mediums, and rely more heavily on traditional TV advertising and e-mail marketing," Allstate acting Chief Marketing Officer Todd DeYoung told the paper. "We also plan to stimulate inbound call volume by doing more directed advertising and more direct mail."
---snip---

The original WSJ article is available at (http://online.wsj.com/article_print/0,,SB105709304831164600,00.html).