Re: [Asrg] The Solution To Spam - The First Response

2003-07-03 18:35:43
At 4:51 PM -0400 7/3/03, Ken Hirsch wrote:
From: "Kee Hinckley" <nazgul(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)com>
 Identify verification is only part of the proposal I was responding
 to.  The other piece was verifying the good behavior of cert owner.
 That requires a clearing house for complaints, an arbitration
 process,

I don't really expect that to be much of a problem.  People are quite eager
to give you free help to find violators and it's not expensive to put out
spamtrap addresses.

So what happens when Roving gets a new customer who has a bad list and 100 people accuse them of spamming? The problem isn't getting people to complain about spammers. It's keeping potentially innocent victims from getting shot. That's where the lawsuits start flying. Just look at the wide range of BL's that exist. Clearly people have very different ideas of what constitutes a spammer.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/          Anti-Spam Service for your POP Account

everyone else's.