[Asrg] 'GIEIS' - The Seventh Response

2003-07-03 21:56:30
Thankyou for your comments. My comments are in the body of the message below. This post refers to the 'GIEIS' system currently at version 0.003. An update was carried out on the next 4th July 2003. Datails of the 'CAA' have be released as well as details regarding the 'CICFS' filtration system. 'GIEIS' has an extensive list of systems to be added and they will appear as soon as the documentation can be written.

The 'GIEIS' system can be viewed here at:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/giza.necropolis

Mark McCarron.

--__--__--

Message: 4
From: "Ken Hirsch" <kenhirsch(_at_)myself(_dot_)com>
To: "ASRG" <asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Subject: Re: [Asrg] Re: The Solution To Spam - The First Response (Ken Hirsch)
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 12:43:10 -0400

From: "Philip Miller" <millenix(_at_)zemos(_dot_)net>
> > By rasing the 'bar' of initial expenditure verus return we could
> > eliminate a significant porportion of Internet fraud.  'GIEIS' will
> > employ this technique as well as others.
>
> But how do we accomplish this without eliminating all free enterprise on
> the Internet, where anyone with access can establish themselves as a
> meaningful entity, rather than turning the Internet into what exists now
> in broadcast television, where viewers are wholly passive entities with
> no direct influence on the medium?
> The bottom line is that requiring business registration creates a much
> higher hurdle for starting new online businesses, and this is
> unacceptable, seeing what the existing freedom on the Internet has given
> the world aside from spam.

I have only proposed registering SMTP servers.   The extra cost would be on
the order of $200 per year.  If you can't afford that, use somebody else's
SMTP server, as most people already do.  This is not a significant barrier
to entry.

Mark's Response:

I would propose the introduction of a significant barrier to prevent companies exploiting the Internet. 'GIEIS Registration' will accomplish that.

Mark McCarron.