4. Consent Model - Consent Tokens (was Re: [Asrg] Nothing will stop spam???)

2003-07-08 21:08:14
At 11:36 PM 7/8/2003 -0400, Kee Hinckley wrote:

At 1:20 AM -0400 7/7/03, Walter Dnes wrote:
On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 11:14:03AM -0400, Kee Hinckley wrote

 1. Like many systems, this ties in tightly with identity.  If I move
 to a new ISP (or Comcast gets sold *again*) my email address changes.
 How do I manage notifying all of my contacts.

  If it's important enough, get a personal domain, even if it's only a
cheap email+web re-direction service to your physical ISP.  You get to
keep the address when you change ISP.

I'm not talking about importance. I'm talking about usability. Consent systems make domain name changes much more painful.

What about consent tokens that are not tied into the SENDER's email address. Things like digital certificates, third party seals (e.g. Truste, Habeas, etc.)?