Re: 1. Inventory of Problems - Exploitation (was RE: [Asrg] 2. - Spam Characterization - Possible Measurements)

2003-07-13 11:35:25
... However, we cannot address solutions for this
network-wide security issue since our work area is limited to spam. However
what we can do is:
1. Mention the security problem in documentation.
2. Coordinate with other WGs and RGs on the topic.
3. Pass along any security proposals to other WGs and RGs where they can be
evaluated as well.

This is something the IRTF chair can advise on.

I agree with the above.  The problems leading to easily-compromised end
systems are outside the scope of ASRG.  Dealing with the reality that such
systems exist is within the scope of ASRG.

                Vern