RE: 3. Requirements - IPv6 support (was Re: [Asrg] Proposal: NO_XMIT DNS record)

2003-07-20 12:33:37
Dave,

I take your point.  What I would propose is that proposals may consider the
import of various types of technologies with respect to the proposed
methodology.

-e

On Friday, July 18, 2003 8:46 AM, Dave Crocker
[SMTP:dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com]
wrote:
Folks,

YS> This brings to mind a general issue, should IPv6 support be part of the
YS> requirements?

Perhaps I am misunderstanding something, but I think this is like saying
that ethernet and ppp dial-up support should be part of the
requirements.

In other words, we are working at too high a level for the choice of
networking-level protocol to be relevant.

However, if anyone can explain how IPv6 details are relevant to Internet
email-related spam control mechanisms, please do.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <mailto:dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>