Re: [Asrg] 4d. Consent Framework - Language for consent

2003-07-22 01:05:23
From: "Yakov Shafranovich" <research(_at_)solidmatrix(_dot_)com>
Can a language for expressing consent be based on RuleML? See this site
that discusses RuleML spec:

http://www.dfki.uni-kl.de/ruleml/

In my opinion this would be much to complex.
I feel users should need to make as few decisions as possible to express
their wanted consent system.
You don't want to confuse people or they won't use it.

I don't believe that most users will sit down and write their consent
expression in vi. I'd expect that providers or MUA authors will provide
some nice GUI for this purpose. I think the question is - would something
like RuleML serve for representing Consent Expression. Remember that we
need some vendor-neutral form for conveying CE between entities in the MTS.
Given that we're envisaging the CE as some kind of production system, and
given that this is the domain that RuleML works in, the answer has to be a
firm "maybe" :-)