Re: [Asrg] Re: 7b. Best practices - Mail Administrators

2003-07-29 16:08:43
Thanks Paul. I was already reading 2505 and had planned on using it as a starting point. I will get in touch with Chris...

Chuck

Paul Judge wrote:

Chuck,

I would suggest starting with RFC 2505: Anti-Spam Recommendations for SMTP
MTAs. I would suggest doing an inventory of it to see what it lacks based on
today's environment and technology. Perhaps you can start with a draft that
lists what additions or changes we would make to RFC 2505 today. We
certainly don't want to simply duplicate that work. You should also contact
the author of that work to see if he has thoughts on this topic or is
interested in contributing.

Also, be sure to coordinate with Chris Lewis as he was working on BCP about
filtering and blacklists.
(https://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/asrg/current/msg00838.htm
l)

Others: what other resources should be used as a starting point?

Paul