[Asrg] 6. Proposals - Blacklists - Community-based (was RE: [Asrg] Trustic anti-spam system closes down because it doesn 't work)

2003-08-05 19:15:38
At 09:43 PM 8/5/2003, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
I think that we have to be very carefull when considering the information
sources a spam solution depends on. All information sources should be
considered untrustworthy unless there is good reason to think otherwise. If
there is an auditor the actions of the auditor should themselves be open to
review.

In a consent system, the developers and administrators of the system have full freedom to choose which sources and auditors to trust. The notion of all sources being "tainted" is something that should mentioned, but I am not sure whether that should be done in the consent framework or as part of BCPs.

Yakov