Re: [Asrg] 2.a.1. Spam Measurements - Data - Blank messages

2003-08-09 16:37:34
At 5:52 PM -0400 8/8/03, Yakov Shafranovich wrote:
Does anyone have an idea what purpose do blank spam messages serve? I receive them once in a while - a sample one is below. Are they sent just to check whether the email address works?

I think it's equally likely that someone just screwed up using the software. I've certainly seen my share of spam where someone failed to do the data merge properly and you get all the variable names instead of the data.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/          Anti-Spam Service for your POP Account

everyone else's.