[Asrg] Re: 0. - General - Announcing Yakov Shafranovich as co-chair of ASRG

2003-08-22 19:19:24
Two things I would add:

+ Paul will focus on ... and
public relations.

I believe that it's vital for public relations to be handly jointly between
the co-chairs, especially given the significant public visiblity of this
research group.

To be clear, we will work closely across all of these tasks and share the
load as appropriate. This is just to inform the group of each of our primary
focus and is not meant to imply that our efforts will be disjoint.

Also: that these divisions will no doubt evolve over time.  In particular,
I'd like the group to have a clear sense that it's fine to go to either
chair about any particular topic, and the two of you will then handle the
necessary coordination regarding the topic.

                Vern