[Asrg] Re: 2a. Analysis - Spam filled with words

2003-09-10 13:40:27
At 11:50 AM -0500 9/10/03, Terry Sullivan wrote:
But in these "new" emails, exactly opposite is true.  The text is
*not* broken up; on the contrary, it's perfectly intact, but "hidden"
from *human* readers.

Nonetheless, this is not new. White on white text of random words (or even random news articles) has been used in spam for some time. See the MIT Spam Conference discussion of "eye-space". One more reason I consider filtering based on content a waste of time.

--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/          Anti-Spam Service for your POP Account

everyone else's.