Re: [Asrg] 0. - General - Announcing Yakov Shafranovich as co-chair of ASRG

2003-09-19 18:37:19
To ASRG members,

I am extremely honored by the invitation to become the co-chair of the group. I am hoping that my involvement in the group in my new role will advance the work of the ASRG. I am founder of a company that writes and sells Internet-based business management software for vertical industries. Our software includes email components and anti-spam tools as well, which is what originally brought me to the ASRG. I am a software architect and concentrate more on the overall design of software systems rather then the nitty-gritty details. Thus, my interests tend to lie in more high-level "bird-eye" type of things such as the consent framework rather than very low-level technical details. Therefore, I will be more of a coordinator and a host - providing a friendly environment to foster anti-spam research, coordinating things and making sure that coffee is always hot :) Paul and I will try to keep the group focused on its goals so we do not "miss the forest for the trees".

The ASRG has seen a lot of activity in the last five months and a solid foundation has been laid. Paul and I have a number of things planned to have the group move aggressively toward achieving the goals that have been set forth for the RG. We would like to applaud all group members who have contributed to the work of the group and continue to do so. Please let us know if you have any suggestions on any aspect of the group, if you would like to volunteer or any other comments that you have.

Sincerely,
Yakov Shafranovich
Co-chair, ASRG