Re: 3. Requirements - Anonimity (was Re: FW: [Asrg] 0. General)

2003-10-26 15:23:25
Brad Knowles <brad(_dot_)knowles(_at_)skynet(_dot_)be> wrote:
      If you don't want to be held accountable for telling the world
about SARS II, you can choose not to speak.

      Sounds like a solution the Chinese government would love.

  Nice.  Can we bring the Nazi's into the conversation, too?

      How many recipients in this world have total control over the
mail system that they use?  If the operator of their mail system
chooses to filter all their mail through the Chinese government, what
choice do they have?

  Telephones?  Radios?  Carrier pigeons?  Couriers?  Letters?  Word of
mouth?  Stegonography?  Webmail?  SUBMIT?  FTP?  Bi-directional POP?
IMAP?  Chat?  Web discussion forums?  Instant Messaging?  The list can
go on ...

  Is it really that difficult to figure out?

  You are operating under the implicit assumption that all of the
worlds problems must be solved via SMTP.  I fail to see why.  The
world is much bigger than SMTP.

  I feel like I'm seriously missing something in this conversation,
like a hidden agenda.  I hate it when that happens.

  Alan DeKok.