Re: [Asrg] 6. Proposals -- Labeling recommendations for the FTC

2003-11-26 12:12:22
One question regarding Eric's RFC proposal.

Since RFC's by practice and definitions are international, shouldn't the references to the US law be clearly labeled as such? Suggestion:

"The __US__ "CAN-SPAM Act of 2003" [CAN-SPAM]"

"[CAN-SPAM] "An Act to regulate interstate commerce by imposing
          limitations and penalties on the transmission of
          unsolicited commercial electronic mail via the
          Internet".  S.877, passed the __US Congress__ on 21 Nov 2003."

And I believe that the RFC 3098 in one stage of it's existence did include a suggestion to label the subject line with "ADV" for "spams". Must admit that I got surprised that it did not when I checked it now, since the idea was up for discussion in 2000-2001 (if my mind haven't been zapped by some cell phone that is :-).

Regards  Kurt Magnusson