Re: [Asrg] 6. Propsals -- Labeling recommendations for the FTC

2003-11-26 13:25:21
Eric S. Raymond wrote:

Brett Watson <famous-asrg(_at_)nutters(_dot_)org>:

I don't have any fundamental objection to the use of the "keywords"
field for this purpose, but I think that any special
universally-meaningful keywords which are introduced should be given
their own "namespace", purely out of respect for the original intent
of the field.

This just pushes the problem back a level.  How do you know you won't
collide with someone else's namerspace grab? :-)

I think the message quoting Jacob Palme stated pretty clearly that for these purposes a new header is needed.

Yakov

-------
Yakov Shafranovich / PGP Key: 0x10D051E6 / www.shaftek.org
SolidMatrix Technologies, Inc. / www.solidmatrix.com