Re: [Asrg] Re: 6. Proposals: MTA MARK

2003-12-11 03:27:36
Mark wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark" <admin(_at_)asarian-host(_dot_)net>
To: <asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2003 1:08 AM
Subject: Re: [Asrg] Re: 6. Proposals: MTA MARK

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tomi Panula-Ontto" <tomi(_at_)panula-ont(_dot_)to>
To: <asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 11:59 AM

IMHO, people using dynamic IPs should not be allowed to run
(trusted) smtp servers anyway. Why so? According to some recent
studies one third of the spam is generated in some compromised
home computers

If that logic holds true, then there is exactly a twice more compelling
reason to disallow static IP addresses from running trusted SMTP servers.
:)

True :-)

On the other hand - if I terminated smtp connections from
machines that are behind dynamic IPs, I would propably not lose
any valuable email.. but if I terminated connections from static IPs,
I would propably lose all of my important emails and get only spam.

Tomi