[Asrg] 0. General - IPR - Patents on C/R

2003-12-11 20:34:37
[Subject changed as per posting guidelines, was "Re: [Asrg] 2 Questions: History of "Challenge-Response" SPAM filter and Info re. Julian Byrne". Mod.].

See the following link:

http://www.solidmatrix.com/research/asrg/asrg-ipr.html

Gilman Research Services wrote:
Hello,

I am a patent researcher conducting research into the history of
"Challenge-Response" SPAM filters and would appreciate any assistance or
guidance you can provide. I apologize if this is not exactly in keeping with
the list's posting guidelines.

1) I believe I am up to date on the current status of "Challenge-Response"
SPAM filters but seem to have hit a dead end re. the history of the
strategy.  Most references go back as far as 1996 and 1997 with newsgroup
postings by Julian Byrne on the topic, i.e., "challenge-response antispam
'bot (CRABS) and others.  Can anyone provide me with any additional
references that pre-date 1997?

2) Secondly, does anyone have any additional information re. Julian Byrne?
There appears to be no posting by the professor after 1998 and he is no
longer at Monash University in AU. Again and information would be
appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your patience and time.

Sincerely,

Norm Gilman
Gilman Research Services, LLC

-------
Yakov Shafranovich / asrg <at> shaftek.org
SolidMatrix Technologies, Inc. / research <at> solidmatrix.com
"Among all our enemies / The ones to be most feared are often the smallest" (Jean de la Fontaine)
-------