RE: [Asrg] Re: 2. Uselessness of C/R

2004-01-28 20:05:23
Aren't the people that use PINE and MUTT tend to be more knowledgable
computer users who would not be tricked by phishers?

Not really, they tend not to be folk who can't afford real software:-)

What I meant is: isn't S/MIME with keys in DNS be the same thing as
DomainKeys?

No, different semantics, close but not the same.

Why do we need accreditation? The whole point of Domain Keys
and similar
solutions, is to tie the email to the original domain, not a specific
accreditation authority.

The accreditation is what you would work on, the knowledge that someone has
bought a domain is not very interesting on its own.