[Asrg] 1c. Analysis of Spam - Request for Data

2004-02-17 19:57:59
Terry asked me to forward this to the main list, since he is not subscribed to it. Please reply off-list to Terry directly.

Yakov

===== CUT HERE =====

I think I might just have stumbled upon a way to identify the
spammer-behind-the-spam.  Preliminary indications are all *very*
encouraging.  But what I lack is a definitive, defensible answer, based
on spam KNOWN to have come from one (or more) specific, particular
spammer(s).

I wonder if anyone on this list might have, or know where I can locate,
even a small collection of such spam?  I want to be clear, I am NOT
looking for multiple copies of a single spam: I'm looking for a corpus
(it doesn't have to be big) of *different* spams where the identity of
the spammer(s) is known (personal intuition/opinion do NOT count as
"knowledge").

If anyone can help me locate such a corpus, please reply off-list to
terry(_at_)pantos(_dot_)org(_dot_)

-------
Yakov Shafranovich / asrg <at> shaftek.org
SolidMatrix Technologies, Inc. / research <at> solidmatrix.com
"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely" (Lord Acton)
-------