Re: [Asrg] 3. SMTP Session/Message Verification - competitive methods

2004-02-25 12:47:40
David Nicol wrote:
Za'mbori, Zolta'n wrote:

For example implementing more than one SMTP session verification method into an MX is lead to a problem: how to select the proper method?

I'm keeping a database of all senders and asking each and every one of them how they wish to
be identified.  But that's just me.

Yes, caching is better than reloading.

But why not the SMTP client announce the possibilities? For example: "mtamark info is avialable and the Trusted Forwarders Association registered us". Or: "Delete this and this part from our email addresses before you publish the email address or you query your white-list. VRFY callback is avialable. This is a ticket to do the callback".

I think opening the horizont for future steps may a good tactic in the spam-war. There are a mechanism for servers announcing SMTP extensions but there are no mechanism for clients to do some announcing.

Maybe i am too idealistic.

z2