Re: [Asrg] Re: HTML in mail sent to list

2004-03-20 16:16:41
  Can the maillist software running this list filter out HTML content
from digests?  Considering that there seems no spec for making
'concatenating' multipart-email messages, which I assume is how the
digests are made (all the messages are just concatenated together, so
MIME boundaries for individual messages no longer make sense.)

Actually, there's a perfectly good MIME type for mail digests.
Majordomo2, which I use to host all the subgroup lists, can make MIME
digests, but Mailman, which is what the main ASRG list at the IETF
uses, doesn't seem to be able to do that.

I'm not a big fan of HTML mail, but indigestibility is not one of its
flaws.

Regards,
http://www.taugh.com