Re: [Asrg] S/MIME irony...

2004-03-24 09:39:42
At 24/3/2004 13:08 Wednesday, Doug Royer wrote:
Jim Witte wrote:
No, but it's a good indication that S/MIME isn't ready for prime time
<snip>

Ironic how in a discussion on S/MIME and it's role in curtailing spam on the Interent that almost 40KB of the digest is composed of non-human-readable p7s attachments, which is about 81% (estimate based on ~39846 p7s bytes/49026 total bytes)

Why does this bother you?

The same way as it bothers me when people attach to their replies the original mail instead of quoting it. The attachments folder of my Eudora inbox is filled with hundreds of useless winmail.dat, smime.* and other similar files. One could blame it of course onto the mail client(s), but I think it rather falls in the same category as the discussion about upgrading/replacing mail servers.

However, keep sending your smime.p7s, they might become useful one day.

Andreas