[Asrg] 2a. Best Current Practices - Description of New Subgroup

2004-03-30 16:06:38
This information can also be found at:
http://asrg.sp.am/subgroups/bcp.shtml

This subgroup will research and document best practices for spam management.

Goals:
1. Review RFC 2505 - "Anti-Spam Recommendations for SMTP MTAs", and produce an outline and prototypes of suggested changes. 2. Review RFCs 2635 - "DON'T SPEW A Set of Guidelines for Mass Unsolicited Mailings and Postings (spam*)"3098 - "How to Advertise Responsibly Using E-Mail and Newsgroups or - how NOT to $$$$$ MAKE ENEMIES FAST! $$$$", and either produce an outline of changes with suggestions, or a recommendation to make the RFCs historical with an explanation. 3. Research BCPs for other areas including community support, sufficient interest, prototype documents, and draft charters for IETF WGs. Possible BCPs include end users, ISPs, blacklists, abuse desk staff, MUAs, MTAs, etc.
4. At some point transfer documents to the IETF for standardization.

of 2004.

Membership:
This subgroup has a closed membership policy, to join contact the ASRG chairs

Intended Participants:
o ISPs and MTA administrators including abuse desk staff
o Blacklist operators and anti-spam databases of spammers such as SpamHaus
o Developers of abuse help desk systems such as Abacus, AbusePipe, etc.
o Email senders/advertisers
o End users
o Developers of MTAs and MUAs

Sincerely,
Yakov Shafranovich
Co-Chair, ASRG
-------
Yakov Shafranovich / asrg <at> shaftek.org
SolidMatrix Technologies, Inc. / research <at> solidmatrix.com
"I ate your Web page. / Forgive me. It was juicy / And tart on my tongue." (MIT's 404 Message)
-------