Re: [Asrg] 1. Inventory of Problems - Input Needed

2004-03-30 16:48:19
  I believe that both the inventory of problems, and the technical
considerations documents, are strongly related.  Both need more focus,
and the diagrams in:

http://www.elan.net/~william/asrg-emailpathverification-presentation.pdf

  are a good start.

  That document needs to be expanded to talk about specific network
configurations used to deliver mail, which protocols are involved
where, and which fields of those protocols are open to what kind of
abuse.  Once we have such a document, we can then proceed with
"solving the problem in diagram X, protocol Y, abuse of field Z".

Isn't email path verification in the domain of the msgtrk group?
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/msgtrk-charter.html
We don't wan't to duplicate this work do we - we'd like to refer to it I
guess.

Anyway - The inventory of problems really needs a wake-up and then some
editing and reformatting (?) what's the output to be? informational RFC? or
what?

I'd like to raise a couple of issues with it as it stands:
"False Claims - regarding opt-in" duplicates "Inadequate opt-in"
"Not a real business" doesn't seem to mean anything.