Re: [Asrg] 2b. SMTP Session Verification - New blacklist for spamvertised domains

2004-04-22 15:36:57
    It's important to note that SURBL should be used with the basic,
    "registrar" domain, i.e., the domain name that would be registered
    at a registrar.  [...]

Better terminology would help- I'm reading the above to mean that
they reduce every name to a second-level domain.

I'm not.

There are plenty of TLDs where registrars register things at levels
other than the second.  For example, my own domain
(rodents.montreal.qc.ca) is a regstrar domain in this sense; qc.ca is
nothing.

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML
mouse(_at_)rodents(_dot_)montreal(_dot_)qc(_dot_)ca