Re: [Asrg] Re: Asrg] My take on e-postage

2004-04-26 11:40:09
gep2(_at_)terabites(_dot_)com wrote:
Perhaps someone could write something to hook into procmail, and/or write a
BCP.

I guess I really need to find out more about BCP documents. What does it take to write them, is there a particular format they must adhere to, and where must they be submitted for review/distribution/archiving/etc?

Since this is an IRTF group, BCPs produced by this group go through the IETF standards process which is described in RFC 2026 (http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2026.html). The process starts by writing up a draft as described here (http://www.ietf.org/ID.html). Approval is done by the IESG and finished documents are archived as RFCs at the RFC Editor's page.

Details of the BCP process are described in section 5 of RFC 2026. Reading the Tao of the IETF helps also (http://www.ietf.org/tao.html also published as RFC 3160).

If a given document is within the scope of the ASRG and documents the discussions in the group, or is a work of several group members, than the Internet draft that is produced can be published under the ASRG's name as draft-irtf-asrg-xxx. This requires approval from the chairs.

Yakov
-------
Yakov Shafranovich / asrg <at> shaftek.org
SolidMatrix Technologies, Inc. / research <at> solidmatrix.com
"Some lies are easier to believe than the truth" (Dune)
-------