[Asrg] Re: Zombie armies...

2004-05-13 14:38:09
Nothing but action by the providers hosting the zombie armies will stop

What about getting MS to close the holes that allow the 'Zombie armies' to be turned into zombies in the first place? Of course, after reading about all the variants of the "CoolWebSearch worm" and the various dll and css sheets it puts various places - I think that may be hopeless, short of MS just rewriting Windows from the bottom up, with security and *user notification* in mind (NOTHING should be able to change the default CSS sheet, or put something into my TCP/IP stack (Windock LSP) without my knowledge)

Jim