Re: [Asrg] MTA Trust Management / Authentication, Zombie Prevention and Virus & SPAM Prevention

2004-05-17 04:25:25
On 17 May 2004, at 07:53, Joshua Leisk wrote:

"We" is yet to be decided - that why this why this is a group effort... we
want ideas here, which is why I am posting mine.
"Who' need not be the same body as "We" - there could be a 3rd party
'Enforcement Agency', or many - the reporting is a separate function.. we already have multiple blacklists, from multiple providers... no reason why
that can't continue, just in a different format.

Single authority? - This is somewhat similar to the DNS and WHOIS.. add your
thoughts..

COST -
This is important - this is a 'bring a friend' arrangement - if your mail server can be vouched for by others, there is no bond... In reality I would
prefer no bond at all and only have a 'circle of trust' that expands
outwards... but you need to allow for net.newbies..

Ongoing arrangements require identification checks, which incur time and cost. Domain name registration costs, so what's the big deal paying for a mail server while you're at it? Capitalism at its best. Work out what spam
and viruses cost you every year  - more than a yearly registration.

For a similar idea, check the archives for GIEIS. And read up on it at http://gieis.esmartguy.com/

Matt.