RE: [Asrg] Re: SPF abused by spammers

2004-10-09 13:22:32
-----Original Message-----
From: asrg-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:asrg-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
mathew
Sent: Saturday, October 09, 2004 7:54 AM
To: asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [Asrg] Re: SPF abused by spammers

If someone can actually give a plausible mechanism by which SPF will do more
than protect me from joe jobs, one which doesn't rely on an outbreak of mass
responsibility and competence amongst ISPs, then I'll be happy to change my
opinion. Until then, I see SPF as something which has been massively
overhyped.

mathew

Existing RBL mechanisms are no where near as practical to implement.

George