Re: [Asrg] Collaborative real time spam blocking

2004-10-22 15:28:30
On 10/22/2004 12:30 PM, Devdas Bhagat sent forth electrons to convey:

On 22/10/04 14:28 -0400, Jim Whitescarver wrote:
Greetings,

I do not know if this is the correct forum to address this issue. Please let me know if these issues are being addressed elsewhere. What I am seeking is a means for coordinating a grass roots trust network for aggressive dynamic blocking of spammer IP addresses.
Such a system is already in operation and wide use.  For more info see
http://www.drbl.croco.net/eng/ (or http://www.drbl.croco.net/ for Russian!) and
http://www.drbl.croco.net/eng/faq.html
Just set up a DRBL node, store your BL in it, and announce it.

The best idea I have seen for this is a PGP/GPG signed post to usenet.

The latency is rather high, but it is highly DDoS-resistant.