Re: [Asrg] fake messages

2004-11-02 07:48:52
On 2004-11-02 09:44:33 +0530, Krishna wrote:
[open relays and faked senders]
Also i found that many ISP's are not using any kind of filters. I
think that using filter would not completely solve this problem. Also
this is the from the start of SMTP protocol. I wonder why this problem
is not yet solved ( if solved i would not have been possible for me to
send fake message).

Please let me know the improvements and research going on to avoid
this so that I can try to solve this problem.Also, please let me know
if these issues are being addressed elsewhere.

Please see the archives of this list at
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/asrg/current/index.html (and also
the archives of the various sub-groups) and the
documentsa on this working groups home page at http://asrg.sp.am/. These
issues have been discussed many times and many partial solutions have
been proposed.

        hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | Je höher der Norden, desto weniger wird
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR       | überhaupt gesprochen, also auch kein Dialekt.
| |   | hjp(_at_)hjp(_dot_)at         | Hallig Gröde ist fast gänzlich
dialektfrei.
__/   | http://www.hjp.at/ |   -- Hannes Petersen in desd