Re: [Asrg] Re: "worm spam" and SPF

2004-11-29 16:48:40
Second, because [SPF] breaks bounces

This was a braino on my part.  I meant "forwarding".

I've already had one message produce a misfire from my automated
filtering because its envelope-from was mangled by SRS (itself a
direct consequence of SPF).
Just use another way to forward your mail if SRS confuses your
filters, and if modifying your filters is really no option.

No, you misunderstand.  This was damage done by SRS to a message that
wasn't being forwarded.  Apparently the envelope was SRSed before the
message got bounced.  (Perhaps the message was being forwarded
internally, but it seems to me that shouldn't provoke SRS.)

I don't entirely understand _why_ SRS got its paws on the envelope, and
it may be fairer to call it an implementation bug, but it certainly
wouldn't've happened without SRS, and I thus consider it to at least
some extent damage done by SPF.

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML
mouse(_at_)rodents(_dot_)montreal(_dot_)qc(_dot_)ca