Re: [Asrg] "worm spam" and SPF

2004-12-03 12:32:47
* Gadi Evron:

Seth Breidbart wrote:

Therefore, an ISP (or other sender) that wishes to retain a good
reputation will set its outgoing mailservers to check for the latest
worms fairly soon after they're discovered, and throttle mail from any
particular sender so not too many worms get out before they're learned
about.

And you think that's easy?

This is what the ENTIRE AV _industry_ is about...

I think the crucial difference is that you buy AV products to prevent
malware from *entering* your network.  Outbound filtering is mostly
accidental.

Detection of mail-spreading malware is pretty easy.  I suppose that
detecting infected customers, identifying them, and helping them to
clean their box simply doesn't pay off, from a single ISP POV.